- March 14, 2014New Assistant Executive Director and Director of Communications The board would like to thank the candidates who ran for Assistant Executive Director, for being willing to step up, and all of YOU for taking the time to cast your vote. It was reassuring to see how many of you participated in this important process. Deputy William Campbell with District Court, is our new Assistant Director. He stated "Thank you for the opportunity to continue serving our membership." Deputy Mike Smith with Las Vegas Justice Court, is now the Director of Communications. He will be in charge of getting information out to the members which will include social media and newsletters. If any of you have ideas for disseminating information, please contact Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Feb 14th, 2014 We are looking for a new Vice President! Nominations will be taken “via e-mail” between now and February 21st. A list of candidates will be posted between February 24th through the 28th. Voting will begin on February 3rd through March 7th All of our members will be given a ballot card, and ballot boxes will be located in the control rooms of the RJC and Family Court. The ballot boxes will be picked up at 12:00 noon on March 7th and counted at the RJC by Jason Dean and Mike Smith, with the announcement being made before 5:00pm on the seventh.
- Jan 24th, 2014 Vice-President Karl Beavers has accepted a position with the Clark County School Police. I have appointed Secretary William Campbell as the interim Vice-President pending an election. We are accepting nominations until January 31st, with a special election to be held at the end of February.
- Oct 21st, 2013 - CCDMA President, Anthony Vogel, just attended training at the I.U.P.A. home office in Sarasota, Florida. The I.U.P.A staff attorneys and psychologist presented extremely useful information on recent law changes and trends in IA's. After the conference, I was given a tour of I.U.P.A.s offices, on site print shop, and IT department, all of which we have access to. I.U.P.A. is truly a valuable asset and one we plan on using!
- Sept 13th, 2013 - Since leaving our former association, the CCDMA Executive board has been looking into other association to see what they offer. I am pleased to announce that the CCDMA has joined the International Union of Police Associations! Membership packets are on the way, and we are currently working on a detailed newletter to go out to the membership.
- Aug 14th, 2013 - Today we attended mediation at the federal courthouse. We connot go into the details; however, I can tell you that the process is ongoing and will resume in six weeks. Contact your board members for further details.
- Aug 13th, 2013 - The physical exams have begun for the Heart & Lung coverage that S.B. 208 got everyone. Clark County will be holding meetings to bring you up to speed.
- May 23rd, 2013 - The Nevada Assembly "PASSED" S.B.208 29 to 11
- May 17th, 2013 - The Assembly Commerce & Labor Committee "PASSED" S.B.208!!
- April 22nd, 2013 - Just moments ago the Nevada Senate "PASSED" S.B 208! ! ! It now goes to the Assembly side of the Legislature for a vote...